- 1 cup red kidney beans (2oz@9g=36g)
- ½ cup great northern beans (2oz@8g=16g)
- ½ cup barley (2oz@3g=6g)
- 12 cups water
- 4 oz. (4 cubes) minced onions
- 1 ½ cups (12 oz.) cooked chicken [chicken in water can: 2oz@10g=60g]
- taco seasoning packet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot, combine beans and water. Boil on a high flame and lower to medium after 5 minutes.
- After one hour, add: onions and chicken.
- After 30 minutes, add taco seasoning packet and spices.
- Cook for ten more minutes.
- Mix in food processor until pureed.
Yields: 56-60 oz , or 7.5 cups of taco mixture. Divide into 28 2oz servings @ 4.21 grams protein each. Serving Suggestion for a 13 gram protein Taco Meal:
- 2 oz Taco Puree (4.21g)
- 2 oz Shredded Part-Skim Cheese (8g)
- 1 Tablespoon Guacamole (1/2 gram of protein)
- 99Ingredients: 2 Cups chicken cooked in soup [7*16=112g] 1 cup almond milk [1g] 2 cups clear chicken broth [6*2=12g] ½ cup sauteed onions salt & pepper Directions: Cook chicken in soup, remove from pot. Tear chicken away from bones, discard skin. Mix all ingredients in food processor until pureed. Yields: 23 2 oz. servings Chicken Puree, 5.43 grams…
- 97Ingredients: 1 pack calf liver, broiled (3 slices)[3*80=240g] 1 cup sauteed onions 2 oz. 0% Greek Yogurt, 0% [2*4=8g] 1 cup Almond Milk [1g] Directions: Rinse and broil the liver on highest oven temperature for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to check that the edges do not burn. Liver is broiled when the insides are…
- 97Ingredients: 1 egg (6g) 1 ounce feta cheese (6g) 1 ounce shredded cheese (8g) 1 teaspoon bruschetta from jar ¼ ounce minced onions (1/4 slice from one ounce cubes) salt & pepper to taste Directions: Spray small frying with oil. On medium heat, combine feta cheese, minced onions and bruschetta, cook until bubbling. Add egg, salt, pepper, and…
- 94CheeseCake Cup: 16 oz. cottage cheese [56g] 1 package Jell-O Sugar-Free Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, Cheesecake Flavor 1 serving protein powder [21g] 4 tbsp fat-free milk [2g] 8 oz. fat-free or sugar-free cool whip Directions: Mix all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Chill and serve. Lasts at least two weeks in the refrigerator. Yields: 7 portions @…
- 88An important basic foundation recipe for mashed potatoes with added protein. This recipe can used to add thickening to broths in the full liquid stage. Ingredients: 4 large Idaho potatoes -or- 4 lbs. 1 cup Milk [8g] 4 oz. Greek Yogurt, 0% [3*4=12g] 1 cup sauteed onions Directions: Peel and chop potatoes into cubes. Boil potatoes in…