After weight loss surgery (WLS) such as Gastric Bypass, Lap Band, or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG), you will be allowed to upgrade to full liquids sometime in the first week. You may start eating yogurts, blended soups, and protein shakes. I highly recommend that you consider clear chicken broth, since you will get 6 grams of protein for every cup. This will speed up the repair of the abdominal muscles and give you energy and nutrients. No more measuring, drink as much as you can.
I suggest a sip-walk-burp routine on a ten minute timer. Take a sip every ten minutes, and then walk to move the air.
Shopping List for Full Liquids, Day 4-5-6-7
- sugar-free gelatin
- sugar-free popsicles
- UNJURY Chicken soup flavored protein powder
- unflavored protein powder
- Premiere Protein Chocolate Drink, 30 grams protein
- 1% milk
- sugar-free pudding mix
- sugar-free jello mix
- sugar-free ice pops
- greek yogurt, double the protein intake of regular protein
- MIO flavors in water or milk, soymilk, or almond milk
- refried beans
- pureed soups
- 1% milk
- Danon light-n-fit yogurt (vanilla flavored, without fruits)
- protein shakes <160 calories, 34 grams protein
- 10000After gastric bypass surgery, people are sometimes temporarily lactose intolerant. This recipe adds protein to the broth with soymilk. Ingredients: 1 cup soy milk [10g] 2 cups mashed potato puree [16g] 3 cups chicken broth [6*3=18g] Directions: Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until mixed into a…
- 10000Not all soymilk brands are the same. This particular brand has the most grams of protein per cup. Pacific Natural Foods Organic Ultra Soy Non-Dairy Beverage, Original Unsweetened 32-ounce container is my preferred brand of soymilk. This staple ingredients moves fast, so stock up! Compare Pacific Soy-Milk Original: Milk has 1…
- 10000Only 16 grams protein fr 15 ounces, the CalNaturale Svelte Organic Protein Shake Cappuccino is absolutely cravingly delicious. These come packaged in Aseptic Boxes. Amazon sells a pack of 12 drinks. These drinks do not need to be refrigerated until opened. Non-dairy, contains soy. lactose free no chalky taste complex, indulgent…
- 10000After weight loss surgery (WLS) such as Gastric Bypass, Lap Band, or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG), you will be allowed to upgrade to full liquids sometime in the first week. You may start eating yogurts, blended soups, and protein shakes. I highly recommend that you consider clear chicken broth, since you…
2 thoughts on “Week 1 Full Liquids, Day 4-5-6-7”
What type of chicken broth do you use? Don’t most broths and soups have very high sodium content?
Also how long before you are allowed to drive after ru n y ?
There are some low-sodium brands, however I made my own from scratch before surgery. The driving question should be answered by your surgeon, as it is different for everyone.