The perfect winter lunch to pack in the nutrients and prevent the sniffles. Endive is enriched with Vitamin A and ß-carotene, which have antioxidant properties. Carotenes convert to vitamin A inside the human body. The orange delivers your vitamin C right in between the smoked salmon, which is high in omega fatty acids. All ingredients combined are sweet and moist, perfect for chewing.
- 2 ounces skinless boneless smoked salmon
- 4 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, with chives if possible
- ½ naval orange
- 4 endives slices
Peel and slice orange into small bits. Reserve half in airtight container and refrigerate. Cut or tear salmon into small pieces. Peel off four endive slices from the bunch. Spread each slice with one tablespoon cream cheese.
Evenly divide the orange slices onto the cream cheese. Pack the salmon tightly in between the orange slices. This is a perfect lunch to prepare the day before and take to work. It is worth investing in a quality orange, so that it is sweet and juicy. My favorite brand of smoked fish is available at Costco or Sam’s Club, “Paramount Reserve”
- Juicy Ginger Teriyaki Steamed Salmon Recipe, 21 grams protein, 151 calories - Pictured with Kale Salad10000If you are lactose intolerant, and don’t want to drown your fish with yogurt or other dairy dressing, then consider steaming the fish to preserve all the juices. The fish was like butter, and my house did not smell, because of the ginger. Pictured with yummy kale salad - recipe below. Note: Kale salad is…
- 10000Ingredients: 3 cups or 6 slices of salmon, baked [6*24=144g] 1 cup greek yogurt [24g] ½ cup sauteed onions 1/2 cup chicken broth [3g] ½ cup milk [4 g] 1/4 cup lemon juice or pickle juice 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 tablespoon soy sauce 8 olives Directions: Bake salmon in oven on 350 for…
- 10000This is my all-time favorite essential recipe for the bariatric puree stage. I add this dill dip to tuna salad, salmon pate, gefile fish, and even mashed potato. This is an easy way to supplement extra grams of protein to complete a meal. Ingredients: 1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt [24g] 2 ounces milk [2 g]…