This is a sugar-free and gluten-free high-protein snack that is perfect for keeping around for an emergency crunch while working, or at the movies. Besides being an excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber, chickpeas also contain exceptional levels of iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium. This versatile snack will surprise you in flavor and nutrients. Compare to popcorn, at 106 calories and 3 grams protein per ounce, but with little nutritional value. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 1 cup chickpeas from can (14g, 220c)
- 2 tablespoons Imitation Sour Cream with Scallions, Cashew Cream (5g, 148c)
- ¼ cup fine cornmeal (8g,355c)
- Kettle Corn Seasoning
Preheat oven to 500. Mix all ingredients together slowly, making sure the chickpeas do not crush. Spread mixture in a flat oven pan. Sprinkle with salt, favorite spices, and Kettle Corn Seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, shuffle and break apart mixture. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, tossing frequently. Remove from oven when edges turn brown. Enjoy room temperature or warm.
Yields: 5 ounces of snack, 5.4 grams protein, 144 calories per ounce
- 10000This is a hit! Perfect in the puree stages for topping refried beans. Non-dairy lactose free imitation sour cream can be used to top any protein meals. Additionally, the cream can be added as a base for cream soups, and mixed with a batter for breadcrumb covered recipes. Also makes a delicious dip and topping…
- 10000Looking for ideas for incorporating protein powder into your recipes? Here's a fabulous fool-proof and gluten-free recipe that will leave you drooling. It's time to party like you mean it! Ingredients: 1 Banana (1.3g,105c) 3 Eggs (19g, 210c) 1 scoop unjury protein powder, unflavored or your favorite flavor (21g, 100c) 2 tablespoons olive oil (240c)…