If you are having a productive day and want to cook meals for the week, this gluten-free and flourless muffin recipe will be your perfect investment of your time. I love to prepare these in little containers and then eat them throughout the week for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner; whatever catches my fancy. It tastes like a meat stew in a cup, or maybe even a breakfast corned beef hash in a muffin. Enjoy it fresh and warm, cold, or room temperature at work. The topping will taste a bit like vegetable cream cheese, and will add just the right amount of glide for chewing. You won’t even miss your bagel.
If you are lactose-intolerant, just
- 6 eggs (36g,420c)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (14g, 160c) [skip if you are lactose intolerant].
- 4 ounces deli or cooked corned beef (24g, 160c)
- ¼ cup salsa (20c)
- 1 green pepper (1.8g, 40c)
- ½ Large onion (1g, 20c)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
Topping: Skip if you are lactose intolerant.
- 1 ounce greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic Greek Yogurt Dip Mix, Mediterranean Herb powder
Note: with ¾ teaspoons black pepper, this will be very savory. You can use ½ teaspoon instead if you like your food mildly spicy.
- Mix topping ingredients and place in refrigerator to set.
- preheat oven to 350.
- Chop everything in food processor and pour into muffin pan.
- For a larger muffin pan, pour 2 ounces per cup. The cups should be ¾ full.
- For a mini muffin pan, 2 ounces will fit into three cups. The cups will be nearly full.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Top two 2-ounce muffins with ½ ounce of topping each (about 1 tablespoon).
- Store each muffin in a GladWare Mini Round Food Storage Containers.
- Store in refrigerator, and take to work the next day. Can be eaten at room temperature.
- 7 servings of 4 ounces muffins, total 11 grams protein, 114 calories.
- Greek Yogurt topping: 3 grams protein, 15 calories
- Total meal of muffin with topping: 14 grams protein, 129 calories