A tiny little taffy or candy to curb your cravings. You eliminate the butter and add the milk and Torani to make it a soft taffy, or exclude these two ingredients to make it a harder candy.
- 20 packets sugar substitute (or ⅛ cup)
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill, Milk Powder (7g, 80c)
- 3 teaspoons decaffeinated instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (200c)
- ¼ cup light corn syrup (240c,20sugars)
- Optional: 1/8 cup milk, and 1 Tablespoon Torani Coffee Syrups, Sugar Free French Vanilla
- Line a large pan with parchment paper
- In a small saucepan, add milk and coffee. On a small flame, stir until coffee is dissolved. Add rest of ingredients and boil on medium, stirring constantly.
- When mixture bubbles and is smooth, pour onto parchment paper and spread 10 1/4″ thin.
- Allow to cool in fridge for 15 minutes, and then cut into tiny bits.
- Return the pan to the fridge if it becomes too soft to cut and sticks to the knife.
- Store in refrigerator.
Idea: Keep a small taffy on your tongue while drinking your protein drinks. It will infuse the drink with flavor as it dissolves. Works well with tea.
Yields: About 8 ounces of taffy, roughly 12 candies per ounce (96 pieces, fingernail size).
CAUTION: 5 pieces will have one gram of sugar. Eat in moderation to avoid dumping.