You want the taste of greasy potato latkes, but you don’t want the fat or the carbs. You want the high protein but you also want that deep onion flavor. So here you have it; the best of both worlds. Conveniently packed into mini muffin sized bites for portable nutrition. Store three pieces in a ziplock bags and freeze. Reheat as needed.
Pairs well with Creamy Protein Dipping Sauce for an added 3 grams protein per meal.
- 4 ounces cauliflower, fresh or frozen (1.9g,25c)
- ¼ large onion, or 1 ounce chopped (.27g,10c)
- 2 ounces cashews, soaked in water overnight (10g, 314c)
- 1 egg (6g, 70c)
- 1 scoop unjury protein powder, plain unflavored (21g, 100c)
- 1 ounce French Fried Onion (177c)
- ½ cup Pacific Soymilk (5g, 70c)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. In food processor, chop all ingredients until mixture looks like lumpy baby food. Spray mini muffin pan with oil spray.
- Evenly divide mixture into 21 cups. 3 cups will be empty.
- Press one or two small French Fried Onion bits into each cup.
Bake on 350 for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yields: 21 mini cupcakes. Serving Size: 3 pieces, 2 ounces total at 6.3 grams protein, 110 calories