Potato salad is an easy-chew option for those days when you are struggling to get food down. Stays fresh in the fridge for several days. It works very well for a lunch meal away from home.
- 1 lb. potato (or 1 giant idaho potato) (7g, 283c)
- 2 hard boiled eggs [12g, 156c]
- 1 ounce sour pickles (or one large pickle) (0g,5c)
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise (0g, 180c)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the unpeeled potato in water until cooked. It might take about 45 minutes. Allow the potato to cool on a towel or cutting board. Peel the skin.
- Chop the potatoes, eggs, and pickles into tiny bits.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss with mayonnaise.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yields: about 5 portions at 4 ounces each. 3.8 grams protein, 125 calories
IDEA: If you are going to take the time to boil the potato, then double it and also consider the Hungarian Rakott Krumpli recipe.
- 10000This is a traditional Hungarian delight, fattening and satisfying to potato seekers. However, after weight loss surgery, it is important to bring in nutrition from various food groups. In this recipe, you might consider mixing the sour cream with part greek yogurt and pack in the extra proteins. Serve warm. Reheat leftovers. Ingredients: 4 ounces…
- 10000An important basic foundation recipe for mashed potatoes with added protein. This recipe can used to add thickening to broths in the full liquid stage. Ingredients: 4 large Idaho potatoes -or- 4 lbs. 1 cup Milk [8g] 4 oz. Greek Yogurt, 0% [3*4=12g] 1 cup sauteed onions Directions: Peel and chop potatoes into cubes. Boil potatoes in…
- 10000After gastric bypass surgery, people are sometimes temporarily lactose intolerant. This recipe adds protein to the broth with soymilk. Ingredients: 1 cup soy milk [10g] 2 cups mashed potato puree [16g] 3 cups chicken broth [6*3=18g] Directions: Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until mixed into a runny smooth broth. Freezes very…