Seitan is made from high-gluten flour, which is a high-protein meat alternative.
Very Simple Instructions:
Mix equal parts of Bob’s Red Mill Vital Gluten Flour with cold water to make seitan dough.
- Seitan dough may be refrigerated for up to a week.
- Seitan may be frozen as 2 ounce balls and defrosted for later use.
- Spicy flavored mixtures may be steamed, boiled, fried, or grilled.
Seitan contains 23 grams of protein per 2 ounce serving.
- 10000Do you miss eating Chinese food now that you are sticking to a post-op puree diet? See Basic Seitan Instructions. Ingredients: 2 ounces Bob's Red Mill Vital Gluten Flour (23g) 2 ounces water 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder soy sauce 1 scallion 4 ounces chicken broth (3g) Directions: Mix 2 ounces water with…
- 10000This is a wholesome vegetarian dish that can be prepared in advance and frozen. Directions: 2 ounces Seitan dough (23g) 4 ounces Soymilk (5g) 1 teaspoon bruschetta paste from jar 1 ounce (cube) sauteed onions salt, pepper, garlic powder Directions: Combine all ingredients except for seitan and boil in a saucepan on medium. Next, roll…