I have recently discovered the Folgers Flavors Coffee Enhancer Vanilla Squirt Bottle, and it has the most amazing vanilla flavor with zero calories. I have also tried several unflavored brands of protein powder for incorporating into recipes, and only the Unjury brand stands apart from the rest. It has 21 grams protein, and absolutely no flavor distinguishable when added to foods. Unjury makes bariatric medical grade nutrition products and is available on their website. If you don’t have Unjury, substitute with your favorite vanilla brand, and calculate accordingly.
- 3 ounces baby carrots, or 1 snack pack (1g,35c)
- 2 ounces cashews, soaked in water overnight (10g, 314c)
- ¼ cup (¾ ounce) shredded coconut (1g, 80c)
- ¼ steelcut cup oats (5g, 150c)
- 2 Eggs (12g, 140c)
- ½ cup soymilk* (5g, 70c)
- 1 scoop unjury protein powder, unflavored or your favorite flavor (21g, 100c)
- ½ cup fine cornmeal (8g,355c)
- ½ cup greek yogurt 1/4 cup greek yogurt (12g,65c)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (50c)
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice, or 1 ounce (7c)**
- 1 tablespoons olive oil (120c)
- 4 teaspoons Folgers Flavors Coffee Enhancer Vanilla Squirt Bottle
- 2 packets sweetener
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
* IMPORTANT: The recipe with the soymilk makes it stick to the pan, so you might want to use cup liners. If you skip the skoymilk, the cupcakes will slide ride out, but you will have to deduct 1/2 gram of protein for serving (2 cupcakes).
**Note: I was asked to remake this recipe with added ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. This note will be removed when the measurements are added to the ingredients.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 block (8 ounce) of Fat-Free Cream Cheese (32g,240c)
- 1 ounce soymilk (1.25g,17.5c)
- 1 teaspoon Folgers Flavors Coffee Enhancer Vanilla Squirt Bottle
- 2 packets sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray larger muffin pan with oil spray. In food processor, add carrots, cashews, coconut, oats, and eggs. Chop on high until the mixture looks like baby food. Add rest of ingredients. Evenly divide mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cream cheese frosting ingredients and microwave for one minute. With a tablespoon, mix until the cream cheese is softened and the mixture resembles cottage cheese or completely smooth.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon into each muffin cup. Make sure to divide the rest of the mixture into all the cups. Cream will form little peaks above the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Refrigerate before removing from pan.
Yields: 12 muffins, 9 grams protein, 142 calories each. Two per serving, at 18 grams protein, 284 calories. Eat with a spoon when warm (the cheese will be runny) or enjoy cold from the refrigerator (the cheese will be solid like a cream center).
- 10000In the pureed stages, these cheese crisps protein snacks can be chewed once for instant pureed texture. Chew with discretion, and know yourself! 6 crisps -or 1 ounce- is 7 grams of protein. "The key for me was watching the bubble turn brown first." ~ Stace Russell-Samuels, Florida Directions: Place a sheet of parchment paper on a…
- 10000There are no words. I will stop talking now. Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, mashed 2 eggs 1/8 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) 2 ounces Greek yogurt 2 tablespoons lite pancake syrup Directions: chop first four ingredients in food processor poor mixture into a cup Use the cup to pour six equal amounts…