In this recipe, I used gluten-free spaghetti squash and full fat cream cheese. You can substitute with lowfat, but do make sure the nutrition facts show you that there will be 2 grams protein per 2 tablespoon serving. Many whipped brands cheat on that and only have 1 gram at most.
These little alfredo bites are perfect for a warm meal, but also tastes delicious straight from the refrigerator. Store 3 per zip-lock bag and freeze. Grab one bag in the morning when heading to work. It will defrost in time for lunch.
- 12 wonton wrappers (.75g,20c*12=9g,240c)
- 6 ounces spaghetti squash, cooked (.9g,45c)
- 1 (8 oz) container cream cheese with chives (16G,800C)
- 4 tablespoons Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese (7.9g, 88c)
- ½ cup soymilk (5g, 70c)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (1.2g, 12c)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a large muffin pan with oil spray.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup.
- Add cream cheese, soymilk, and spices in a small saucepan. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When smooth and creamy, add squash and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Drop two tablespoons of mixture into each cup.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold after refrigerating.
Yields: 12 appetizers, less than 1 ounce each. Serving size: 3 pieces at 10 grams protein, 313 calories.
- 10000Easy to cook, and hearty to eat. Gluten-free spaghetti squash noodles with non-dairy cream base. Ingredients 3 Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Cutlets (60g, 330c) 3 ½ cups homemade chicken stock (21g, 516c) 6 Tablespoons (3 ounces) Cashew Cream (15.4g,444) 1 ½ cups Spaghetti Squash, cooked (.9g, 46.5c) 1 bunch…
- 10000This is a wholesome vegetarian dish that can be prepared in advance and frozen. Directions: 2 ounces Seitan dough (23g) 4 ounces Soymilk (5g) 1 teaspoon bruschetta paste from jar 1 ounce (cube) sauteed onions salt, pepper, garlic powder Directions: Combine all ingredients except for seitan and boil in a…