Do you miss eating Chinese food now that you are sticking to a post-op puree diet?
- 2 ounces Bob’s Red Mill Vital Gluten Flour (23g)
- 2 ounces water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- soy sauce
- 1 scallion
- 4 ounces chicken broth (3g)
- Mix 2 ounces water with salt and garlic powder.
- Add in 2 ounces Bob’s Red Mill Vital Gluten Flour (23g).
- Kneed seitan dough until all water is absorbed.
- In a saucepan, boil 4 ounces chicken broth (3g)
- Tear small m&m-sized pieces of seitan and drop into broth.
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 finely chopped scallion
- Cook on medium until broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cook an extra ten minutes until seitan turns golden.
- Serve immediately.
- Texture will be doughy and soft. Chew well.
- It is helpful to have a plate warmer to keep the meal hot until you finish eating.
- 10000Seitan is made from high-gluten flour, which is a high-protein meat alternative. Very Simple Instructions: Mix equal parts of Bob’s Red Mill Vital Gluten Flour with cold water to make seitan dough. Seitan dough may be refrigerated for up to a week. Seitan may be frozen as 2 ounce balls and defrosted for later use. Spicy flavored…
- 10000This is a wholesome vegetarian dish that can be prepared in advance and frozen. Directions: 2 ounces Seitan dough (23g) 4 ounces Soymilk (5g) 1 teaspoon bruschetta paste from jar 1 ounce (cube) sauteed onions salt, pepper, garlic powder Directions: Combine all ingredients except for seitan and boil in a saucepan on medium. Next, roll…